Novag Grand Citrine U-RARE

NOVAG INDUSTRIES LTD. is a designer and manufacturer of dedicated chess computers founded on September 3 1976 by Peter Auge and Eric Winkler, located in Hong Kong. In 1978, Novag and SciSys started common operations to produce chess computers and notably the MK I. The program was a clone of the ROM of the Data Cash Systems Inc. CompuChess. This results in a lawsuit that JS&S won for a copyright not well documented... A lot of difficulties were emerging between Auge and Winkler and resulted in their separation. In 2009, Novag was sold to a company called Solar Wide Industrial Ltd, . This company continued continued to manufacture chess computers under the Novag brand name..
CHVL
Full Name: Maurice M Ohayon

Novag Grand Citrine U-RARE

Unread post by CHVL » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:33 pm

This computer was made out of Novag, but it is so perfect in its realization that I consider it as a true part of the collection. It is not a modified computer. I bought it in Germany. It is in all its aspects identical to a Novag Citrine, only... its size is the one of a tournament board. I never saw another... It is why I referenced as U-RARE (Unique, Unicat).
I like to play on it. The Citrine is an excellent dedicated chess computer, but at the tournament size...

These photos are my best arguments.

IMG_9194.JPG
IMG_9195.JPG
IMG_9197.JPG
GrandCitrine1.jpg
GrandCitrine2.jpg
GrandCitrine3.JPG
GrandCitrine4.JPG
GrandCitrine5.JPG
GrandCitrine6.jpg
GrandCitrine7.JPG
GrandCitrine8.JPG