DGT Centaur

Rare, exceptional, or very specific computers will be reported and discussed here.
Sargon72
Full Name: Hans van Mierlo

DGT Centaur

Unread post by Sargon72 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:49 am

Hello All,

A error in Centaur ?!

Well i have buy the Centaur as well of course Surprised
It is running 100%

Well as Tester u do some "strange" things others will not do,ore not?

If u play 1.e4-e5 Nf3-Nc6 this is still opening of course ,well now u take your Night on f3 ,and hold it in your hands for +- 5 seconds .NOW the Centaur automaticly think u have taken pawn on e5!! and start to calculate....

So i have tested more and it only appear when u can take i piece ! so if u have a Bishop on c3 ,can go to b2 a1 and there is a pawn on g7 from black ,same thing happens....

Try it with your Centaur Rolling Eyes

This is clearly a program error if u ask me

Kr,Hans

Sargon72

Re: DGT Centaur

Unread post by Sargon72 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:07 am

Hello All,

There seems to be another small bug in the Centaur when u promote and wait some seconds ,if u want for example a Knight and wait 5 sec +- the Centaur automatic promoot to Queen and start to think

Well as DGT is Dutch i offered mine service before releasing the Centaur....but they didn,t want it
Now u can see it has not good been tested on erorrs

Kr,Hans

CHVL
Full Name: Maurice M Ohayon

Unread post by CHVL » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:16 am

It seems strange that they were not able to debug their software. Clearly, they needed your advice.
I will test my Centaur :)
kr,

Maurice

Sargon72

Unread post by Sargon72 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:17 pm

Hello All,

Well Maurice ,yes u will see it when u test it yourself

First of all , i will make clear that i do not write here only to critisise the Centaur
Only what i found ore can be better

When u did give the Centaur white and the games is ended u swap colour then u have to do this 2x because first time the white pieces are still above in the display

U can not interfear the thinking process to make the Centaur move
The levels are only max time ,also not a 40/120 game ,ore 5 -30 sec a move etc.ore Fun level ,mat search
If the Centaur plays 90 min game vs other computer 40/120 then it takes for the entire game max 40 min+-
Analyse level if u press ? button u will not see the thinking trees of the variation
Also in normal game after a move u will only see score ,when the Centaur thinks ,no score /move he want to play ore thinkingtree of moves depth etc.
Of course sound is on ,but if the Centaur makes a moves u hear no sound of the move ore announcement
This is so far mine thinking ,impressium of the Centaur ,if u ask me DGT did not good there homework

Kr,Hans

Sargon72

Unread post by Sargon72 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:14 am

Hello All,

Next thing i found , when u repeat 3x the same position the Centaur do not say 3x position ....only he do it after 5x same position :shock:
I think this is a new rule in chess

I know a chairmann of DGT will come with some report on the DGT site ,and some answers of people will be there.
Myself have also written a Mail to a person i know by DGT ...i am curious on his answer ,if he do...

Kr,Hans